A one-dish meal featuring butternut squash and hearty fall flavors.
Butternut, Sausage, and Apple Bake
A one-dish meal full of fall flavors.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lb Italian sweet chicken sausage, casings removed and cooked
- 1 c cooked rice
- 2 onions, caramelized
- 1 medium-large granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3-5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Toasted pine nuts and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine squash, cooked sausage, cooked rice, caramelized onions, and apples in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle rubbed sage over the entire dish.
- Pour chicken broth over the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 20 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and pine nuts and serve.
Learning Grace http://www.learning-grace.com/