(or what to do with toddlers and extra strawberries)
Whole Wheat Strawberry Oat Muffins
100% whole grain muffins sweetened with maple syrup
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 21g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur’s)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the remaining ingredients except the strawberries. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the strawberries.
- Fill the muffin cups to ¾ full. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Learning Grace http://www.learning-grace.com/