This one is a crowd pleaser in our house. It takes a bit of work, but it’s worth it to make one dinner and to see smiles all around the table. It also fits in with my 21-Day Fix eating plan fairly well (especially with zucchini noodles).
The mixture can be pretty goopy, so I use a cookie scoop to form the meatballs and then I gently roll them just a bit with (wet) hands before putting them on the parchment paper.
I like to buy or make tzatziki sauce to go with these, but they also go well with a light tomato sauce or even just plain! The kids aren’t huge fans of feta cheese, so I make a few before I add it to the mix.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (whole wheat is best)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (I go light on the salt because the Worchestershire sauce and feta are salty)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (or more if you like)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- Form into 1”-1 ½” meatballs and put them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.